GR-300 Footswitch Prototype



Seeing the cost of a simple footswitch, I decided to make one myself. I was all set to buy a project box, switches and jacks when a rummage around the garage persuaded me to try this alternative.

At first I thought I might try to use an automobile high beam switch - there was even a possibility of A/B switching, but I had only one of those. Then I found a box of discarded rocker switches.

After an hour with a chunk of cedar and a router and the sacrifice of an old patch cord, the prototype was complete. The out-of-pocket cost to me was zero.

So far it works just fine - if it doesn't fail I think I won't bother with a production model.



Close Window